OpenStreetMap has become a huge source for any kind of geographic information. In OpenStreetMap you now find not only street information, but also information related to buildings, shops, sights and in Heidelberg even to individual trees.
Furthermore, OpenStreetMap data is open data – everyone is free to edit and to download the data to create own maps and analysis. In our workshop we want to explore this potential together with you.
When: Wednesday, 04.07.2018, 4 pm
Where: PC-labs + Seminarraum, Berliner Straße 48, Heidelberg
Depending on you pre-knowledge, we plan to have different groups.
- no/ little knowledge about OpenStreetMap and GIS
- download and visualize OSM data in ArcGIS or QGIS
- easy queries and styling
- some knowledge and experience with OSM data
- select and export only specific OSM objects
- queries related to different timestamps, users and other parameters
Depending on the number of people interested, we will also offer a workshop for professionals with:
- already good experience with OSM data and keen to analyse “big data”
- store OSM data in a database
- advanced queries for large regions containing many objects
Figure: Get bicycle rentals from OSM data using the overpass API
See you soon,
PS: We booked the PC-labs, however it may be worth to bring the own laptop.